The BOM has issued a Strong Wind Warning for Moreton Bay for Saturday and Sunday. As a result there will not be any Learn to Sail or Tackers Classes on Sunday (24th April 2016).
As this is the end of the main season we will now be taking a break for a few months for our Instructors and volunteers to recuperate and to give us all time to work on some maintenance (both on our boats and that list my wife has stuck to the fridge!) We will be back teaching again in September and will post more updates on that in a few months.
In the interim the committee has agreed on a few winter series dates to keep those dedicated sailors engaged and dates for this will be posted to the calendar shortly.
This weekend we are down for Club day and the s*box Regatta. The weather is for 15-18 from the SE, a few showers in the morning but partly cloudy by the afternoon Please respond or click on the link firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know if you intend to be there. I can work out the […]
Unfortunately the wind forgot that we had a good fleet of A’s and lasers today and we ended up with winds at 6-8 instead of the 10-14 promised. That led to great laser sailing and cat sailing where the skills of the skipper had to make up for the lack of horsepower from the newer […]
We are on – 11am briefing for around 12 noon first warning. All crews are required for the briefing Forecast is for partly cloudy weather, a few showers and winds 10-15kt from the SE. Good sailing
This Sunday’s program is Race 2 of the Autumn sailing series. This week’s forecast is much better – 14-18 knots from the ESE, low tide at 2:08pm – great day for sailing.
Unfortunately, due to the weather forecast tomorrow and the small number of competitors we have cancelled sailing for tomorrow. We will reschedule the first race of the autumn series to a date to be advised.
This Sunday’s program is Race 1 of the Autumn sailing series. The forecast for the day is for 24 degrees and a few showers. Winds SSE to SE 22-24 kts. High tide is 12:27pm. We are guessing that the Cat sailors will not want to sail but will will conduct mono racing as we did […]
Due to prior commitments for our instructors there will be no tackers or learn to sail on Sunday 28th February. Due to a Cub-scout camp on the weekend of the 4th-6th March there will also be no learn-to sail or tackers that weekend either. See you in two weeks.
FLASH!!!! HYC CLUB UPDATE Changes to Club sailing processes Notices of racing Intention to race Club sailing days (a.k.a. S#box Racing) Cancellation / changes to racing due to weather conditions New Club volunteer rosters Clubhouse update As always happens, when you with the best of intentions make a commitment to serve in a […]
Due to the forecast wind for tomorrow the instructors have made the decision to cancel learn to sail. A decision is yet to be made on racing.